Kings Transportation Services is looking for both Full and Part Time Drivers.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass Pre-employment Drug Screen and will be part of our random drug program
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass Criminal Background Check
Ensures the safe and timely transport of customers while providing a comfortable service from the origin of the trip to their final destination. (Wheelchair Van Drivers drive a wheelchair accessible vehicle transporting clients who utilize a wheelchair.)
Act as a representative of the company while on duty.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide door-through-door pick-up and drop-off of all customers.
- Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner; create a pleasant environment for the passengers during their ride.
- Assist customers into the van, ensuring that customers wear their seat belts and children/infants are seated and belted properly in car seat.
- Transport customers to and from previously scheduled locations in a safe and timely manner.
- Map out routes to and from specified destinations, identifying the fastest route. Determine the order of routes when transporting more than one customer to different destinations.
- Log in every trip assigned by Dispatch throughout the day, ensuring all required information has been written and is legible before turning it in at the end of each day.
- Keep Dispatch updated on status throughout the day while transporting customers and/or while waiting for next assignment.
- Inspect vehicle for any damage, ensure all the required equipment is in the vehicle, and make certain that the gas tank is full before leaving base at the beginning of the work day. (Vehicle pre-trip inspection.)
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and report mechanical concerns to management.
- Become familiar with and follows Drivers’ Policies and Procedures from Handbook. Comply with State of Ohio traffic laws.
- Wheelchair Van Drivers will transport clients in a wheelchair up or down ramps; ensure client’s wheelchair has been safely tied down and secured.
- Wheelchair Van Drivers will need to be able to secure a diverse range of wheelchairs including large, electric and scooter style mobility devises.
- Wheelchair Van Drivers will need to be able to multi-load and secure multiple wheelchair clients in a vehicle.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.